Firestone Frenzy Tournament
2018 FIRESTONE FRENZY SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT
10U & 12U
Firestone Stadium, Pony Field, Diamond Crystal, Logan Fields
Akron, Ohio • May 18 - 20, 2018
Tournament fee: $495.00
(Includes a non-refundable administrative fee of $100.00)
YOUR TEAM WILL RECEIVE 15 "ANYTIME" AKRON RACERS TICKETS TO BE USED
THROUGHOUT THE 2018 PROFESSIONAL SEASON
Deadlines: Registration May 4, 2018 / Payment Due May 11, 2018
Sanction your team here - ASA.
REGISTER on TOURNEY MACHINE:
The Akron Racers Foundation tournament provides an opportunity for area softball teams to compete at a high level of play at Firestone Stadium and surrounding Akron area fields.
- 4-Game Guarantee (3 game pool play; one game single elimination)
- 20-team maximum
- Two umpires per game
- Game balls will be provided.
- Tournament trophies awarded
- Tournament t-shirts available (pre-order only
Joey Arrietta, President/GM - firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Wheeler, Foundation Contact - email@example.com
Firestone Stadium Administrative Offices - 330-376-8188
- Mail Check/Money Order to:
Akron Racers Foundation
Attn: Laura Wheeler
1575 Firestone Parkway
Akron, OH 44301
- Registration fees will not be refunded after 30 days prior to the tournament date unless a replacement team has been secured.
- Refunds will be issued if games are cancelled due to weather. Game times will be reduced to one hour until we catch up with the game schedule and then we will return to the 1 hour and 15-minute time frame. A $75 per game(s) not played will be refunded.
- Check-In with tournament director at Firestone Stadium at least 30 minutes prior to your first game. Bring a copy of your signed ASA roster and proof of insurance BEFORE your first scheduled game.
- Teams must be ready to play 30 minutes prior to game time.
- Game time is 75 minutes, complete the inning (unless the home team is winning). No new inning after 70 minutes. Championship games will be 90 minutes – finish the inning. Participants will be expected to hustle on and off the playing field. The mercy rule will be implemented as needed (see below/rulebook)
- Run Rule – 12 runs after 3 innings, 2½ if home team leads. 10 runs after 4, 3½ if home team leads, and 8 after 5, 4½ if home team leads
- Guest Player – 1 guest player per team is allowed. A guest player must be placed on the signed roster prior to your first scheduled game.
- Ties – Pool play - remain tied, Bracket and Championship play - we will use the international tiebreaker.
- In the event of rain delay, all games will be on a 60 minutes finish the inning once play resumes and will stay on that schedule for the remaining games played that day. The game time will go back to 75 minutes on the following day only if the tournament is back on schedule. If it is not on schedule, we will remain on the 60-minutes time schedule for the remainder of that day to make it fair to all teams.
- Home/Away - before the start of each pool play game a representative from each team will meet the umpire at home plate for the coin toss. The winner will choose to be the home or away team. For the championship game/bracket play the higher seed will get their choice of home or away. If the seeding is a tie, then a coin toss will occur.
- Game Rules - the rules in the ASA handbook will apply. To review the rules and regulations go here.
- Reporting Scores - Immediately following each game, umpires will confirm scores and the winning coach will text the score to the designated tournament official following the confirmation process. Brackets will be updated on Tourney Machine and posted at Firestone Stadium Concourse. In order to keep the pools and brackets updated, it is extremely important that the score is reported in a timely manner.
- Changes and updates will be reported directly to the team contact identified in your registration form.
FACILITY/FIELD INFORMATION AND POLICIES
- No pregame warm-up is permitted on the playing fields
- Firestone Stadium – batting cage & grass area between the two diamonds can be used for pregame warm-up; the two bullpens located down the left field line at Firestone are to be shared by the teams currently playing; immediately following the conclusion of the game, the next two teams may use the bullpens.
- Pony Field - hitting warmup is permitted in the grass area between the two diamonds; grass areas outside the playing field can be used for throwing only; no batting practice is permitted in order to protect fans from injury.
- Diamond Crystal - hitting warmup is permitted in the grass area behind the homerun fence.
- Logan Fields - hitting warmup is permitted in the grass areas behind the homerun fence.
Parking and Field Addresses – There is no additional charge for parking
Firestone and Pony Fields – 1575 Firestone Parkway. Akron, Ohio 44301
- ALL BUSES - Please park on Wilbeth Road after dropping off players at Firestone/Pony Fields.
- Buses are not permitted to park in the surface lot adjacent to Firestone Stadium.
Diamond Crystal Field – 2175 Edwin Ave. Akron, Ohio 44301
Logan Fields – 61 Vaughn Rd. Akron, Ohio 44319
- Surface lots, including the IBEW Local 306 office are available. Parking is not allowed in the grass areas on Vaughn Rd. If you park in the grass you will be towed at your expense.
Admission – This is a ticketed event.
- Adults are $3.00 and Students are $1.00. Tickets allow admission ALL DAY at all fields. Spectators will be asked to present this ticket to enter all field locations.
- Coaches will check-in at the ticket table located at each field. (previously submitted coaches list for up to 3 coaches).
Concessions – Concessions will be available at Firestone Stadium/Pony Field providing a variety of concession items throughout the weekend.
Restrooms – Handicap accessible restrooms and/or Handicap portable toilets are available at each field.
- NO FOOD, BEVERAGES, OR PETS may be brought into Firestone Stadium/Pony Field complex.
- NO Grills or tailgating is permitted in the parking lots or surrounding areas at all playing sites.
- NO Seeds/Nuts are prohibited at Firestone Stadium (It causes issues with our drainage system.)
- NO Music at Diamond Crystal Field. Due to the close proximately to a residential area, no music is permitted. Please be respectful to our neighboring families.
- Bridgestone Property is private property. We are not permitted on their premises for warm-ups/picnicking/etc.
Tournament T-Shirts – Tournament t-shirts will be available for pre-order only and may be picked up the weekend of the tournament in the Merchandise Garage on Saturday of your tournament. The pre-order shirts order form will be emailed to you after the registration deadline.
Hilton Garden Inn Akron Canton Airport
5251 Landmark Blvd
North Canton, OH 44720
- There are four ways you can book your room(s) under the Akron Racers Foundation official partner rate - The booking link, corporate code, calling in to the Hilton central reservations 1-877-782-9444 or the hotel directly at 330-966-4907 option 2.
- Booking Link: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/gi/reservation/book.htm?ctyhocn=CAKAPGI&corporateCode=3129282&from=lnrlink
- Directions for using the Corporate Code: log on to the hotel website at www.akroncantonairport.hgi.com, pick dates of stay, click "Add special rates codes", Add Corporate Code ID: 3129282
- After booking your block of rooms, please email Heather Labut, Director of Sales, with your team name, dates and the number of rooms your team blocked. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All teams that are tax exempt need to call Heather Labut at the Hilton Garden Inn Akron Canton Airport directly to mark the group rooms tax exempt status.