HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT
Firestone Stadium, Pony Field, Diamond Crystal and Logan Fields
Akron, OH April 3 - 5, 2020
Tournament fee: $395.00
(Includes a non-refundable administrative fee of $100.00)
Deadlines: Registration February 1, 2020 / Payment Due February 15, 2020
To register your team for the Ohio Invitational go to:
The Racers Foundation's Ohio Invitational tournament provides an opportunity for area High School teams to compete at a high level of play at Firestone Stadium and surrounding Akron area fields.
• 3-Game Guarantee
• 16-team maximum
• Two umpires per game
• Each team is required to bring three new game balls
• Home team determined by a coin flip
• Winner determined by: 1. Record 2. Head to Head 3. Runs Allowed 4. Runs Scored
• Tournament trophies awarded to each pool winner
• Tournament t-shirts available
• Register online through the Tourney Machine link above, followed up with payment made to:
Attn: Joey Arrietta
1575 Firestone Parkway
Akron, OH 44301
• Once team registrations are received, an invoice will be emailed to the email address used for registration.
• There will be a maximum of 16 teams. Tournament registration fee must be received in FULL by the deadline. Teams will will not be scheduled for tournament play without receipt of payment by deadline.
• Registration fees will not be refunded after 30 days prior to the tournament date.
• Refunds will be issued if games are cancelled due to weather as follows:
- No games played 85% of the registration fee minus the non-refundable administrative fee.
- One game played 50% of the registration fee minus the non-refundable administrative fee.
-Two games played no refund will be provided.
Joey Arrietta, President/GM - firstname.lastname@example.org
Zac Bissell, Assistant Director of Fastpitch Operations - email@example.com
Firestone Stadium Administrative Offices – 330-376-8188
FACILITY/FIELD INFORMATION AND POLICIES
• No pregame warm-up is permitted on the playing fields. Teams are permitted to do lines behind the bags only.
• Firestone Stadium – batting cage & grass area between the two diamonds can be used for pregame warm-up; there are four bullpens in centerfield in front of the scoreboard that are to be shared by the teams currently playing; immediately following the conclusion of the game, the next two teams may use the bullpens.
• Pony Field - hitting warmup is permitted in the grass area between the two diamonds; grass areas outside the playing field can be used for throwing only; no batting practice is permitted in order to protect fans from injury.
• Diamond Crystal - hitting warmup is permitted in the grass area behind the homerun fence.
• Logan Fields - hitting warmup is permitted in the grass areas behind the homerun fence.
Parking and Field Addresses – There is no additional charge for parking
Firestone and Pony Fields – 1575 Firestone Parkway. Akron, Ohio 44301
• ALL BUSES - Please park on Wilbeth Road after dropping off players at Firestone/Pony Fields.
• Buses are not permitted to park in the surface lot adjacent to Firestone Stadium.
Diamond Crystal Field – 2175 Edwin Ave. Akron, Ohio 44301
Logan Fields – 61 Vaughn Rd. Akron, Ohio 44319
• Surface lots, including the IBEW Local 306 office are available. Parking is not allowed in the grass areas on Vaughn Rd. If you park in the grass you will be towed at your expense.
Admission – This is a ticketed event.
• Adults are $5.00 and Students are $3.00. Tickets allow admission ALL DAY at all fields. Spectators will be asked to present this ticket to enter all field locations.
• Coaches will check-in at the ticket table located at each field. (previously submitted coaches list for up to 3 coaches).
Concessions – Concessions will be available at Firestone Stadium providing a variety of concession items throughout the weekend.
Restrooms – Handicap accessible restrooms and/or Handicap portable toilets are available at each field.
• NO FOOD, BEVERAGES, OR PETS may be brought into Firestone Stadium/Pony Field complex.
• NO Grills or tailgating is permitted in the parking lots or surrounding areas at all playing sites.
• NO Seeds/Nuts are permitted at Firestone Stadium (It causes issues with our drainage system.)
• NO Music at Diamond Crystal Field. Due to the close proximately to a residential area, no music is permitted. Please be respectful to our neighboring families.
• Bridgestone Property is private property. We are not permitted on their premises for warm-ups/picnicking/etc.
Tournament T-Shirts – There will be a limited amount of tournament t-shirts available for purchase at Firestone Stadium.